Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Inaugural Post

Hi, I'm E. W. Childers. I'm a lawyer in Oklahoma. And I'm an INFP. I just learned some of this personality stuff maybe two weeks ago and I was wondering what to do with it. I'm self-employed and this has lots of ups and downs to explore as well. Hopefully anyone who stumbles upon it will find this stuff at least a little edifying, but if not, oh well.

I just got back from Iraq with my National Guard unit and I've re-opened my shop in a new (but not that far away!) location and I've been thinking heavily about marketing, particularly internet marketing as I'm presently on a shoe-string budget. People keep trying to sell me outrageously expensive advertising options most of which in my prior experience don't work. I plan on writing about them and anyone who stumbles upon this may as well benefit from my mistakes. As far as networking goes, I think my personality type may have a lot to do with why I'm not much of a self-promoter; I have difficulty striking up conversations with strangers and I'm not super good with chitchat with people I do know well. So I'm mostly exploring what might work for me. Comments, of course, are welcome.

Another thing I've been thinking about is employment relationships, supervisor/subordinate, that sort of thing. This also ties in to the National Guard stuff because I wasn't very happy during my deployment. This also seems to be related to personality type. The short story is that I don't really ever want to work for (in a semi-permanent relationship like that of employee/employer) anyone again. If I did it would have to be a pretty special deal because I don't think I could stand it otherwise.

Anyway, writing this blog is my attempt to "stretch" my emotional muscles, so to speak and ruminate on better ways to do what I'm already doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment